Thursday, December 25

Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas! I certainly did! And for all those times everyone ever told me that watching my kid dig into Christmas was going to be so much better than opening gifts myself, I say that, "You are absolutely right!" I would have happily watched Sydney open every gift under the tree this morning, including mine. And that's hard for an only child to admit!
This week wasn't without its sadness though, as my wonderful Uncle Sam passed away on Tuesday night. I'll count my lucky stars that Mom and I went by to visit with him and Aunt Bette that afternoon, and that we were able to give out hugs and "good vibes." Tomorrow is Uncle Sam's funeral, so that's where Mom, Auntie Donna and I will be hanging out for a couple hours.
After the funeral though, my own little family will be heading back to Phoenix. This will be a very long and tiring day, but it's worth it to me to be there for the extended family, as well as get my own group home and sleeping in their own beds. Besides, Santa still left some stuff for Sydney at her house, under her own tree. And to watch that again, I'd drive through a snow storm, hail, tornadoes and a hurricane.

No comments: