Thursday, November 13

Ugh, but where's Dr. Ross and Nurse Hathaway?

ITEM!: I just downloaded the new version of Mozilla's Firefox, because it's finally available for the Mac. Interesting side note: I had to completely remove the last version of the software from my hard drive before the new version would load properly. During that time, I had a moment of irrational abject terror when thinking that maybe I wouldn't ever be able to get Firefox back on my computer, and I would forever have to blog in Safari, which sucks for blogging. Anyway, I got the new version, mocked myself for my fleeting fear, and am now happily living in a well-managed blogger paradise.
ITEM!: I'm pulling together my Christmas list ... of gifts to buy and ideas for my side of the family. If I didn't have a fresh manicure right now, I would have broken out the legal pad and started work on the official "Christmas List 2008" tonight. What's awesome is that I've already got a few ideas percolating. What sucks is that all I've got to deal with money-wise is a credit card that I'd really rather avoid.
ITEM!: I watched tonight's very special episode of ER, featuring the return of Anthony Edwards as the show's beloved Dr. Mark Greene. I'll admit that it was nice seeing him in his scrubs and on the show, though it was not enough to get me hooked into watching the program for the rest of its final season. What else was on (at the very beginning) was a very nice and touching tribute to the show's creator, Michael Crichton, by Eriq LaSalle, who played Dr. Peter Benton. So we've got Benton and Greene on the show on the same night. While the stunt itself did exactly what it was supposed to do -- it got me watching the show -- I think the it may have backfired on them. All tonight's episode did was show me how awesome the show used to be, and how much I loved all those other characters, and how okay I am with not watching it anymore.

No comments: