Monday, November 3

Twinkie, Twinkie, Twinkie, Twinkie, Twinkie

Are you ready? Have you voted? Is it time to finally get the numbers together and figure out who will be the next president? I am so ready to have this whole thing done! Of course, I'm terrified of the outcome, should it go quite red, but it'll be an interesting several hours until the end result is reported. Brian would rather be home all day to watch with me, though we all know it'll be about the time he would normally get home when all the real information will start to be shown. So, he's to work, and Syd and I are off on a fun morning adventure before returning home to watch the results come in. No doubt, tomorrow night's blog post will be either excited or totally and completely bummed out, but we'll just save that for tomorrow. I just hope that you have voted, or will get out there and vote. It's so important.

Oh, and how's this for good news the day before the election: Twinkies have joined the ranks of the 100-calorie snack foods, with a new three-cake packaging that, when consumed, equals only 100 calories. Should this be allowed? Too late, my dears, it's done! (Hostess also has introduced a 100-calorie strawberry cupcake that I'm sure I will just absolutely have to try the next time I'm in Target or the grocery store.) An actual Twinkie, according to the article I read, is only 150 calories, but the public and the 100-calorie segment of the company apparently cried out for a 100-calorie version of the nation's favorite snack cake. Did you know that 500 million Twinkies are sold each year? If it smells like a Twinkie, looks like a little Twinkie, and tastes enough like a Twinkie, it must be a Twinkie. Go on, say it ... "Twinkie." If you say it enough times, it starts to really sound funny.

No comments: