Saturday, November 22

Tip: Don't let them run around unleashed

With yesterday's dog-walking experience fresh in mind, I approached Assignment 4 for my writing course with a specific purpose. The task was to write a 500- to 1,000-word nonfiction article for children or teens about anything we had knowledge of from our life, but in which we also could incorporate any current research we might do. It really sounds crazy vague the way I just said it, huh?
Okay, here's some help: my topic is how to walk a dog. I basically gave a tutorial, in a bright and refreshing turn of phrase, of course, on how an 8- or 9-year-old kid would go about walking a dog, including the best way to fit a collar, tips on allowing the dog time to sniff around, warnings for possible issues (i.e., eating stuff off the ground, and keeping them on a short leash around other dogs and children), and the reminder to always, always pick up the dog's poop.
I popped out the article in an hour, which makes me angry that I've been procrastinating so, but the more I think about the piece, the happier I am with it. I'm excited to read it again tomorrow morning and get it ready to send out to Judy. The hitch in my get-along right now is coming up with a stunning and catchy title. It's not really a hitch so much as something I haven't thought about yet. I'll get it ready for mailing tomorrow and get it out on Monday. Yay!

No comments: