Friday, November 28

This isn't our meal; ours was prettier

Well, I hope you all had a happy and fun Thanksgiving! I heard on the news that the typical holiday feast adds up to about 3,000 calories. I could see that. I mean, I love the big pile of stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the bread and butter, and the turkey (but on a sandwich, not alone). And I'm not one to deny myself a second helping of any of those, especially stuffing.
We all went down to Tucson to spend the holiday with Brian's side of the family, and had a great time. The end of the evening was spent in an all-out marathon game of Uno, that stretched about two hours. Oh, make no mistake, I won. It was a particularly competitive game -- happily so -- and we all thoroughly enjoyed the strategy. I didn't cheat, though Brian accused me of it, and I am very pleased with my win. We decided though, that the next time we're all together, we won't wait until the last hour to play. We'll start playing earlier in the day so we can get more than one game in.
I called the Mac place down the street about the CD door on my computer and to see if I could bring it in Monday morning. There was a very unhelpful guy who answered the phone who, first of all, needed to be told three times what the problem was, and seemed to only care what color the laptop is; then, wasn't sure of anything but that he didn't think they had any new doors, or could get any, or that they could even fix it; and finally, thinks that maybe the Apple store would be a better place to get the door fixed. Honestly, I hate dealing with the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store, the guys are super condescending and the whole enterprise is too expensive, and that's why I deal with this Mac places instead. But not about this, I guess. If I remember right, I have to make my appointment online. Okay, I'll head over there now. Let's get this started, yes?

No comments: