Friday, November 14

He sounds so Grinchy when he says it, too

And Christmas has begun in the house. Not so far as decorations and all that, because ... hello ... there's still that fun holiday with the turkey and all the food, but the preparations for the Santa holiday have officially begun. I have a list. I have created a list of who I'm buying for this year, and have wrangled a budget number out of my economy-conscious spouse. I'll choose to not account for the gifts that I've already bought, since they aren't part of the set budget (gifts purchased before a budget is established are as good as not being bought at all). I hate budgeting, on any level, but am already chafing something crazy over a Christmas budget. It just doesn't sound very ... festive. And by all accounts, I enjoy being festive. But, I consider this one to be a challenge, and am actually relishing the thrill of the hunt. I'll figure out the cost factor, then go searching for what I need. Fun? Not so much, but it's better than the constant attitude I've gotten over the last couple months that "Christmas is canceled."

No comments: