Saturday, November 15

And the space shuttle jumped over the moon

I've got a couple things for you tonight:
1.) You didn't really think this entire space shuttle mission would go by without me posting something about it, did you? I mean, you all know about, and love me for, my misguided desire to be an astronaut at some point in my life. That hasn't changed. So here's a time-lapsed photo of the space shuttle Endeavour as it took off from Florida last night. You know, there used to be a NASA channel on my cable lineup, but when I went looking for it yesterday, I was irritated to not find it. And I couldn't find the launch on CNN either. It was nowhere to be seen on any news station. I find that very disappointing! I wanted to watch the damn launch and I couldn't! But at least there are pictures, right?
And 2.) where the hell was all this righteous activism before the election? What on earth kept all these people from being loud and proud about their beliefs in allowing gay marriage before it was banned? Who knew that simply voting wasn't going to do anything? Who knew that all the additional voters could possibly change the outcome of this particular proposition? Oh, you bet I wanted to be there marching with all those other people. You bet I'm enraged that the proposition passed. But what can all these demonstrations do? The best that can be done is to just put making gay marriage legal on the next ballot, right? Someone enlighten me if something else can be done about this.
3.) I ironed Brian's scrubs for next week tonight. I'm bugged as hell about this. Apparently, his office staff picks on him pretty regularly about how wrinkled his scrubs are everyday. While I happily said that they could piss off when he initially told me about it, it's become a fly in my ointment, so to speak, every time he puts on a fresh pair in the morning. I've figured out a couple things that make them more wrinkled -- bib Velcro sticking to pants strings and twisting them in the dryer was a main problem -- but in the end, they're 100 percent cotton scrubs that just can't be wrinkle-free without being ironed. And I hate ironing. I tried the wrinkle releaser that Katy suggested, and it just didn't do enough for the thickness of the cotton. I refuse to take the scrubs to the dry cleaners. And I hate ironing. So now I'm at an impasse. What to do about the scrubs? I'm thinking that my initial reaction of, "piss off," may be my best bet.

No comments: