Tuesday, October 14

I will win. I swear it ... just not today

Someone tell me what is up with my kid! Today is the second day that I took her to the photo place to have her 2-year (!!!) pictures taken. And again, today, she was so freakin' uncooperative that I had to leave there empty handed. She screamed! Consistently sometimes, and then would just cry a bit, but then would pretend she'd smile, and then would scream again. No kidding, I was going batty trying to get something out of her.
Here's the visual description, as best as I can do it: Child standing on photo space; child squats down to her haunches; child's face turns red while this incredibly loud and shrill "no" issues forth from her mouth; child stands up with her arms out to her mother; tears begin to roll down her cheeks; child gets a hug, acquiesces and stands where she's supposed to stand; photographer prepares to get a photo; child squats ... and repeat as many times as you can in a 20-minute time span. We didn't get a single photo of the kid today.
And that was my morning! Add to that the wretched night's sleep; Daisy being on my last nerve; Brian deciding it would be a good idea to stay home today; and this ridiculously inconvenient cold. I am just the least happiest camper on the planet. So I'm going to finish the laundry, and then go to bed. I see my mommy tomorrow, so that's a fantastic thing. Here's hoping a decent night's sleep is ahead of me. I will take NyQuil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Babe is what you call...

"The Terrible Two's"!

pocketless 8th grader said...

what anonymous said...

Strap yourself in, it is just starting. Lia still does it for no particular reason except for that she can. I think that is just part of the whole growing process. I definately learned a lot about how to be patient over the last year.

At 3 they are getting fewer and farther apart. I think it is a combination of learning how to break the tantrum and her simply growing out of it.

The throw down tantrum in the grocery store is really a pain in the ass.