Thursday, October 23

Have you exercised your right to vote today?

I HAVE VOTED!
Because of how small my voting precinct is at home in California, we are among the lucky few who receive mail-in ballots whether we want them or not. So my ballot arrived while I was out in Cali ... I paid attention to all the voting measures and initiative ads on television ... I listened to what my heart and conscience told me ... and I voted! Yay me!
And wouldn't it be great if, because of my vote, gay people were allowed to stay married and continue marrying whoever they wanted to marry? Or animals were able to stand up and stretch? Or new hospitals and all that were able to be built? Or that there would be no high school around the corner from my mom? Or that the country can start down a path of healing and better diplomacy?
Ahhh. I feel like, for the first time in a long time, that my vote is really going to mean something, will really count for something, this election year. And I like that. I may not be in Ohio or Florida, where the swing voters reside, but I am among the blue in California, and here's to my voting on it.
Now, you all go out there and vote, too, okay?

No comments: