Thursday, October 9

Blah, blah, blah, money

Isn't it weird how sometimes one's horoscope can really strike to the heart of what is going on in one's life at that moment? Here's mine from this morning:
The best way to ensure that you have more money later is to start saving more of it, now! This simple rule seems logical, but logic usually flies out the window when you are standing in front of a new gadget you want. So today, start a new trend. When you are tempted by a new goodie in a store, just say no! It might feel like the entire gravitational pull of the earth is forcing you to plunk down your hard-earned cash, but it's not. You have the power to improve your spending habits.
It's almost as if the money gods knew that Brian and I are on yet another no-spending experiment. This one requires that we start off with a specified amount of cash every week, and try to keep to it throughout those days. In the beginning, it sounds like a great plan, one that I can hold to easily. In practice though, and a mere three days into this experiment, I'm failing grandly. Who knew that I really spend that much money throughout the day? Well, I guess I should have known. But until I put away the debit card, and do nothing but watch the cash leave the wallet, any other of our experiments wasn't really a good lesson. Still, it takes little more than picking up the dog from the groomers and going out to dinner to replete my daily ... I don't want to say allowance, or even quota, but you know, the number I'm shooting for. It's like the worst kind of game imaginable: let's see how little we can spend in a day.

No comments: