Sunday, September 28

She did, you know, absolutely destroy them

Alright, I've finished the first three books of the Twilight series, written by Stephenie Meyer. I'll admit to enjoying them, though I've become a bit irritated with the main female character, Bella. I'm not sure why, she just seems a bit dim as the story progresses, and certainly beyond selfish. I would say that her attitude could be contributed to the fact that she's so young, but in every way, the books paint her as a more mature girl. In that, the attitude doesn't compute. I agree with her on one point, Jacob and Edward should both stay away because she is a horrible person. They both sound too cool for her. Blah, blah, blah.
At any rate, I'm ready to dive into the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, which is the last of the series, and from what I remember hearing after it was released weeks or so ago, a lot of the fans are/were very unhappy with what happens in it. I'm intrigued, and I could go either way: Bella could choose either Jacob or Edward and I'd be disappointed with them accepting her. So I'm going into this one with an open mind. Nothing Meyer writes could possibly disappoint me more than how Anne Rice butchered her Vampire Chronicles in the end.

No comments: