Wednesday, September 17

The a/c isn't cold enough either

When it rains, it pours, right?
So, the car's got issues lately. And I've got a laundry list of stuff to be taken care of tomorrow when I leave it at the dealer to be fixed up. You ready for it? First and foremost, the front passenger door will not unlock. Yes, it's a ridiculous problem for any car to have, but it is still a big problem. Whenever Mom and I go anywhere, she has to crawl through the driver side, over the parking brake and gear shift, and finally into the passenger seat. When we stop somewhere, we look like a clown car with everyone piling out through one door. Also, the front doors won't unlock with the keyless entry. Second, the brake light is flickering on and off on the dashboard. This means that the brakes need to be checked. That, of course, means that they'll probably have to be replaced. Third, yes, the car makes a fantastic sputtering noise when driving, and while idling. It's sexy ... and not at all what I paid for when I got this particular vehicle. Fourth, the driver side window squeaks really, really loud when it's rolled up. Fifth, they're having a special to change my oil and complete a full-body inspection for $89. And finally, I'm having them rotate my tires, which probably should be replaced instead, but they definitely need to be rotated as soon as possible.
That's a list and a half, right? Jeez. I feel like, conservatively, there is no way I'm getting my car back within one day, or for less than $1,000. What do you think? ... And, that's without the timing belt replacement and transmission flush that the guy recommended since the car has more than 72,000 miles on it (a service that, on its own, costs about $2,000).
At any rate, the stuff's got to be fixed. Not the least of my issues is that frickin' door lock. It's driving me batty. I forgot how inconvenient it is to have to lock and unlock the doors with the key. Especially when I've got Sydney, the human wiggle worm who would rather walk, and bags from wherever I've been in my arms. So tomorrow, I get it all fixed. No doubt I'll have a rock-solid rental car, too.

No comments: