Sunday, August 10

Shrmp ... hee, hee

"What do you call a fish with no eyes?"
"Fsh."
And that's what you get on a drink napkin at a new-to-us fish restaurant that we tried today. And actually, our lunch was very good. Brian started with a yummy clam chowder, and I dined on some good fried shrimp. It's been a while since I had a good plate of fried shrimp, and I won't lie to you, I enjoyed it.
But more important than that, I re-discovered one of the things that really makes me happy: having a good lunch and enjoying a movie without a single worry in my head. Of course, that's not fully true, because everyone's got some worries throughout the day, but when Brian and I are out lunching and movie-ing, I'm a happy camper. What did we see? Step Brothers, with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. I think I made some kind of promise to myself recently about not seeing any more Will Ferrell movies, but since it was Brian's choice, I couldn't veto it. I'm somewhat irritated to say that the movie made me laugh out loud a few times. But really, any flick that makes my husband giggle like a little kid is a good one for me.

And here, I digress. I'm watching the Olympics right now (which, by the way, have rocked so far), and simply must comment on the exchange between Bob Costas and President Bush. But first, Brian's question: "Does it bother you that the guy on the right is so much smarter than the guy on the left?" I had to laugh, because, yeah, it does bother me. But then, we all know that Bob Costas is that brilliant. But what I took away from the interview was that the president actually came off as a regular guy (is that a good thing? Discuss). And that he even hinted at a sense of humor; and that he's persistent in bugging the Chinese leader about religion; and that he didn't grasp the irony of rebuking the Russian president for having a military conflict proceed during the Olympics.

No comments: