Saturday, August 16

Swedish furniture and accessories rule

How cool would it be to have an empty shell of house and an unlimited amount of credit to decorate and furnish it at the local Ikea?
Hmm. Guess where we went today? Yep, Brian made a simple suggestion: "Let's go to Ikea." Um, okay! There is so much great stuff in that store. Given the options and the credit described above, I'd have easily replaced my bedroom furniture, added a dining room set, restructured my closet, bought Sydney her own little table and chairs, re-lighted my entire house, torn out my carpet and installed wood flooring, and draped pretty fabric from the ceiling in every room. Oh yeah, and I'd have picked up a couple more of those pretty vases.
But what I did get is this mirror (pictured); a hanging net/toy holder; a beaded puzzle; and a vase with a pretty flower etching on it. I'm not sure how done shopping I am either. I've held on to the store's most-recent catalog, and I'll be interested to see how much I fantasize about the lamps I saw this morning. An extended shopping fantasy usually means one very specific thing: I must go buy it right now. We always forget how awesome Ikea is until we get back in there.

No comments: