Sunday, August 3

New puppy, no name as of yet

Okay, it's 9:30 p.m., and I'm super tired. No joke, this has been a rough day. This really should not be the case, since the actual physical activity was minimal. We did ... finally! ... see The Dark Knight this morning. I knew it was a long movie, but when you enter the theater at 9:30 a.m., and the movie's over at noon, you really kinda go, "Damn. That was a long movie." By the way, I totally dug it. Yep, definitely a bit darker in tone than any of the other Batman movies, but that made it better, and more interesting. Heath Ledger was awesome, though I could have done without the tongue, lip-licking thing. And Christian Bale ... well, he's Christian Bale. The more I chew on it, the more I like it.
But of course, after that, we wandered over to way-out Glendale/Sun City to look at a puppy. But, you all know me, I don't simply just look at a puppy. And because Brian's been wanting a new pup for so long, and I have finally allowed it, tonight, we are the happy parents of a new, white, female Lhasa Apso. It took her a while to rest and get her energy up, but the little thing is cruising around the living room now like she owns the place. We've set her up in a little "apartment" of her own for the nights and when we're all home, and I think we'll put her in the kitchen or guest bathroom during the day when Syd and I are out (all of this is for the time being. No doubt, once she gets the hang of everything, she'll expect the same freedoms as Oliver.). But right now, she's doing her whining thing, though that's certainly to be expected on her first night away from everything she's ever known. She's eaten quite a bit though, and pooped twice, so at least she's doing the proper dog thing. Plus, we've had several pee incidents so far. It's all good. That's to be expected with a puppy.
You may be wondering why I haven't told you her name yet. Well, that's simply because we haven't picked one yet. I'll let you know once we settle on one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...another mouth to feed.