Wednesday, August 6

My kid and I look alike

According to my Blogger Dashboard, this is the 805th post to It's All About.... Crazy, huh?!

So I made another random change in my house that is going to make my ridiculous neuroses rest easier. I moved the DVD player and cable box back to the top of the armoire, and moved five of my favorite coffee table books into the space under the TV stand on the dresser. The books are too heavy for Sydney to mess with, and the DVD player and cable box are now located safely away from little fingers. (She had figured out how to open the DVD tray, and loved to grab the tray and move it up and down. Not good.) I'm liking the look of it all, and am giddy to have out-maneuvered my daughter.
What else is going on? Aside from Mom being out here for a convention for a few days, not a whole hell of a lot. So ... what? You want a Daisy update? I think ... I think ... she has figured out what the puppy pad is for. I actually saw her go to the pad to poop this morning. And this afternoon, there were a couple little pee spots on the pad too, which were too small to be Oliver's. Right now, she's sleeping her little butt off in the living room next to the sofa. Good sleep right now means that she'll be up and whining at 5 tomorrow morning (as she was today).
Well, here we are, about half an hour later, and Daisy has since woken up, and is a crazy, running around, growling at everything, puppy freak. And in fact, just barked at and attacked her reflection in the closet door. She also pooped on the puppy pad. Dudes, if we get the peeing thing down proper any time soon, I'm going to be one happy camper.
I had a lovely afternoon with my mommy today. Things like that make me a happy camper, too.
Oh yeah, and that's me with my wagon, circa ... some time when those overall shorts were cool.

Update: Mom tells me that this photo was taken in July, 1975. And that my great-grandfather affixed the sticker letters of my name onto my wagon. You rock, Bunny!

No comments: