Monday, August 4

And we've named her Daisy

My goodness, I'm tired. Having another kid in the house certainly does add some ... oh, let's say ... excitement to my day. We went to the vet for a wellness check this morning, and aside from a hernia, she got a clean bill of health. Yep, you read that right: baby dog's got a hernia. As the bad: it's a bit bigger than the doctor would like, and surgery is a necessity. As the not-so-bad: if it can stay put and not get worse in the next couple months, once she hits five months old, we can have the hernia fixed at the same time she's spayed, so only one hospital visit. As for how she's adapting, well, she's doing fine. Sydney's doing fine; she digs the little puff. Oliver, my dearest pooch, isn't impressed with a little 3-pound monster chasing him around the living room. He's doing okay though, and it's only a matter of time until he comes around and starts coexisting with the little thing. I swear, I thought we were all done with family drama. And since she's a puppy, you know she had us up a couple times last night. Once at 1 a.m., and again at 4 a.m. What's that all about? I'm tired.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hi Kimmie,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I have a Daisy as well. You can read about here here: http://www.megansminute.com/doggie_frolics/