Thursday, July 17

Perhaps I need a jump rope, too

Stream of consciousness, July 17:
I did 200 jumping jacks this afternoon, in my living room, with my dog and daughter standing by, both wondering what the hell their crazy mom was up to now. And I feel good about it, too. It's the most and best exercise I've had in a while, and it got me into a sweat, as well. I know, I know. I need to get my ass in the gym. Whatever.
Isn't it weird how moving a couple plants around in your house can make you feel better?
We finally installed the wall-mounted shelving unit in our bathroom, thereby keeping our extremely persistent and curious daughter out of our toiletries ... for the time being. I'm not stupid, I know that she'll out-think us with this one, too. But I won't have to worry about that until she's got another inch or two in height to work with...
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I bought a new book at Target today. I got Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer. It's another vampire novel that I read about in Entertainment Weekly, from which there is a new movie coming out soon. Anyway, the article on the author intrigued me, so for only $8.49, I now have another book on my to-be-read pile. I'm almost intrigued enough to read it before the others on my "Summer Reading List 2008." But here's the challenge, I will still read the others before the summer is over!
A special shout-out to Jeannine, who gave me the kick in the head I needed this week. Mwah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twilight and the whole series rocks!!