Wednesday, July 2

I love a good drama

I thought I'd give you an update on the "Summer Reading List 2008," over there to the left. You may or may not notice that the list is short two books at this point, and that the third book is waiting its turn on my nightstand right now. Really, I'm quite excited by this reading thing. I had forgotten how fun it could be! Anyway, book number three is The Alibi Club, by Francine Mathews. I thought it was time for a fun little suspense book, you know?
We've been watching the Olympic time trials, and I've got to tell you, I'm starting to get geeked up about the games in Beijing. I think we've got a real chance to make some waves in the contests this year. That's always fun, isn't it? I'm pretty fascinated though by all the last-minute fixes and changes the Chinese government are having to conduct to keep the Olympic dudes happy -- the clean up of all that green algae in the boating area is just one example. I heard that a lot of the athletes are staying away from Beijing until the very last minute so they don't breathe as much of the city's polluted air. This could really be a dramatic Games, huh? I'm digging it.

No comments: