Thursday, July 31

Beedle the Bard? Like Shakespeare's the Bard?

I love how quickly commerce happens sometimes. As an example, today, word was released the J.K. Rowling will be releasing a book version of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a collection of wizard tales referenced in the final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Not but a scant few hours later, there's an e-mail in my inbox trumpeting the book's availability and giving me the opportunity to pre-order the book ... before they run out of them, I'm sure. But of course, I understand the ridiculousness of ordering a book that has no official release date, and probably hasn't even been finished yet. But you know me and the Harry Potter. So, you guessed it, I'm among the first to have pre-ordered the book, and Barnes & Noble has already collected my $8, plus shipping, and now I'm stuck breathlessly awaiting a release date that will probably be some time in late 2009. Grr. ... ... But yay! A new Rowling book!

I stand corrected! The book will be available in early December ... this year! Yay!

No comments: