Thursday, June 12

I love Strawberry Shortcake

First of all, just look at what they've done to our beloved Strawberry Shortcake. Oh yes, the Shortcake has been updated for Sydney's generation, and it's bothersome. According to the marketing information, this Strawberry Shortcake will spend more time on her cell phone and chilling with friends than she will petting and playing with her cat, Custard. Oh yeah, and the company has filtered through her friends too, cutting them down to only those with real fruity names. I'm thinking Blueberry Muffin may have made the cut, and did Apricot, Apple Dumpling, Lemon Meringue and Orange Blossom. Actually, as I just verified her friends' names online, I came across the American Greetings page on Strawberry, and ... well ... the last incarnation of the gang is cute enough, why change it again? (Here's the link: Shortcake.) Argh! Why must everything change? Thank goodness I've still got all my Strawberry Shortcake dolls from all those years ago. Not that Sydney will want to play with them (she'll want the cool, new ones with cell phones and iPods), but at least I've got them.

No comments: