Tuesday, June 10

Barenaked Ladies doing it for the kids

No matter how noble my intentions, I'm never, ever done with my computer by 10 p.m. You know, I sat down this evening at 9:25 p.m., and said to myself, "Okay, check your e-mail, blog about something, shut the computer by 10." And yet here I sit, at 10:01 p.m., just starting to compose tonight's blog post. Grr. Why do I get so caught up in the ridiculous stuff online?
Today's news: I bought CDs at Target this morning. Really ... CDs! While it's always my preference to buy stuff on iTunes, some things just need to be in the car at all times. While the iPod is not, some musical selections must be (among those: U2, Madonna, Britney, Maroon 5, and Traveling Melodies by Baby Einstein). So what did I buy? I got the new Alanis Morissette album, Flavors of Entanglement, and, to my utter pleasure, Snacktime!, a new kids' album by Barenaked Ladies. And let me say, the kids' CD is the most awesomest thing I've listened to in a long time. The first song, "7 8 9," is a bit of brilliance on plastic, going on about how the numbers 1 through 10 are short one number because ... wait for it ... seven ate nine! Incredible! I mean, I've heard that play on words before, but to turn it into a song? Terrific. Here, just a taste of the song titles for you: "The Ninjas," "Raisins," "Eraser," "Allergies," "Humungous Tree," and "Crazy ABCs." I love it, and am currently, as I write this, uploading it into my iPod under the "Sydney's Stuff" playlist. I highly recommend it to anyone with a little person in their car. In just the first few tunes, Sydney was clapping along and doing her little arm dance.

And now, here it is, 10:19 p.m. I've been interrupted by the kid, by my husband, and by a phone call, so it's still been a bit more time than I'd like. And I still have to check out Facebook.

No comments: