Sunday, May 25

Notice my flip-flop tan is returning, too

You see those toes there to the left? Those are freshly groomed, freshly scrubbed and loofahed, and freshly polished toes ... the toes of a happy and content person this evening. Yes, we were ridiculously disappointed by our babysitter, who contracted some kind of stomach illness Friday night and therefore canceled on us all weekend. We soldiered on. Yesterday, when faced with spending time with a baby we were very much looking forward to spending the day without, we instead ventured out to North Scottsdale for a day of outdoor shopping and lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Today, we wandered around Tempe and tried out Kabuki.
But my highlight of the day, quite obviously, was my pedicure. Of course, I had to wait until Sydney was napping and Brian was sure that she wouldn't need anything outside of her crib until I got home, but still, stopping at Starbucks and then enjoying a perfectly lovely pedicure was a fantastic way of spending my afternoon. I can say, in all honesty, that this is the first real "me" thing that I've done for at least a month ... maybe even six weeks. It's a really well-done pedicure, too. I hope it lasts a long time ... or at least the two weeks until I go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This little piggy went to market,
this little piggy stayed at home,
this little piggy had roast beef,
this little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went
"Wee wee wee" all the way home.