Monday, May 5

The guy with only one name can go now

I have to type this really quietly because Sydney's asleep in her crib right behind me. But I simply had to go on record as to my voting this week, especially since I've been so scary good the last several weeks.

My DWTS voting (5 votes allowed):
Kristi Yamaguchi ~ 2 votes. I think the judges are deliberately judging her down so they can add some tension to the show. But thankfully, if Jason continues to falter, the disco ball trophy will be hers to lose.
Cristian de la Fuente, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Jason Taylor ~ 1 vote each. I was so ready to vote Cristian out of the show because of his injury, simply because I didn't want him to further antagonize his arm. But let me say, he and Cheryl rocked the competition tonight. Marissa got my vote just so Kristi wouldn't be one girl against three guys. And Jason Taylor doesn't bug me.
Mario got no love from me tonight. I was unimpressed by the dances, but more strikingly, I felt that a majority of the lifts he and Karina performed where unnecessary and only performed to wow the audience, bot the judges. I like it when the couples perform more for the judges. I thought the lifts were ill-conceived.

Sydney and I head home tomorrow, so I'll be able to post regularly again. Eventually, she and I will be able to share my bed when we come to visit, and then Mom and I can have better access to the computer. Though I will say that's it's nice to be cut off from the Internet for a period of time. Did you know that the world continues to turn even if I don't read about it on USAToday.com?

No comments: