Monday, April 14

One more magazine in the mailbox? Really?

And because it is imperative to me that my baby love reading as much as I do, I just purchased Sydney's very first magazine subscription. She is now a subscriber to Wild Animal Baby, a 10 times a year periodical created by the National Wildlife Federation, focused on educating and entertaining kids ages 12 months to 4 years. It's got pictures, games, stories and all kinds of stuff to get kids interested in wild animals from around the world. I am loving this, to tell you the truth, and can not wait until we get our first issue. we even got a kicky decal, and should get a bowl and spoon set as a subscription gift.
So, did you all get your taxes done? I'll say that we just got ours ... today ... from our accountant. Thankfully, and luckily for him because I hate it when I'm this late sending them in, we do get a refund. It's not as large as our normal refund, because I didn't work this year, but it'll still be enough to make us happy and perhaps giddy to buy something. Add that to our economy-boosting payoff from our good friend the president, and we've got a healthy deposit to make from the government. Yay! I am irritated that I'll be one of those filings that has an April 15 postmark on it, but I feel good that it will, at the least, be in the mail in the morning.
We got our carpets cleaned this morning, and they look great. I would rather have gotten all new carpet, but I can see why they would hesitate to allow that. You know, moving furniture and all that. Anyway, I've been busy moving stuff around here and there; debating about the necessity of other things; and considering the usefulness of more stuff all afternoon. The carpets are still damp in a few places, so there is still a lot of work to be done tomorrow. Jeez though, my back is sore. I took some Advil, but it just hasn't helped much at all. I'll be eager to hit the bed early again tonight and see if a few more hours of zzz's will help.

My DWTS voting (8 votes allowed):
Kristi Yamaguchi ~ 2 votes. I want her to win. I will give her the boost she needs to make that happen.
Shannon Elizabeth, Jason Taylor, Cristian de la Fuente, Mario, Marlee Matlin, and, if you can believe it, Marissa J-something Winokur ~ 1 vote each so they shake their booties again next week.
Priscilla Presley won't be getting any love from me this week, I'm sad to report. What is the saying? If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen? I don't think Priscilla's dancing is (to follow the metaphor) heating up as well as the others'.

No comments: