Monday, March 24

It's like waiting to hear from a college

Okay, I got a letter from the children's book writing course, and it gave me the impression that I just might not be accepted into their program. I'll paraphrase: they haven't evaluated it yet, but so I know, they're looking for an understanding of children, a talent for communicating in writing, and the level of aptitude the essay reveals about writing structure, idea organization and grammatical structure. Now, get this, they screen out ("fail") several thousand applicants each year, only enrolling about 32 percent of the people who contact them. I don't know whether I should be nervous about getting in, indignant about perhaps not getting in, or just kinda cocky because they'd be stupid to not extend me an invitation to join. Of course, if they do ask me to enroll, I'm already nervous about the work and how good I'll be. Mom tells me not to worry, because at the end of the day, they really just want my tuition, whatever that is. (I've yet to see that on any of their paperwork. I'm sure that my invitation will include that information.) At any rate, they say that I should hear back from them in two to three weeks.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (12 votes allowed):
Kristi Yamaguchi ~ 3 votes
Jason Taylor ~ 2 votes
Marlee Matlin, Priscilla Presley, Shannon Elizabeth, Marissa J-something Winokur, Mario, Steve Guttenberg, and Cristian de la Fuente ~ 1 vote each, because I like to spread the wealth over who I think should get another chance to dance.
Yep, that means that Adam Corolla, Penn Jillette and Monica Seles got no vote love from me. I think Corolla and Jillette are kinda dicky, and Seles is just an awful dancer.

No comments: