Saturday, January 19

Let's get this year started

I always enjoy January 19. That day (or today, more specifically) seems more of a New Year's Day to me than the first day of January. Because finally, all the holidays are over, people have gotten over Christmas entirely, and for me, my birthday is done so now I can focus on the rest of the year and the rest of the people in my life. January 19 is really pretty liberating for me. Let's call it Independence Day and really let the ridiculous cliches fly.
I did have a great birthday, you know. Plenty of text messages, phone calls and e-mails to commemorate it, and a healthy portion of See's candy to survive it. For those who sent actual birthday cards, you're awesome. Thank you!

1 comment:

-T. said...

I'm with you, Kimmie - the first day of my life is always the day after my b-day...its mine, and my whole life is in front of me, again =) HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope this day was the start of a beautiful new year!!