Monday, January 7

It's just a silly name, really

I find myself a bit disgusted right now with the state of our political races in New Hampshire. All that disgust comes down to the snide and condescending comments made towards Hillary Clinton after her emotional response to a question asked by an audience member at a rally today. When queried as to how Clinton is able to cope with the rigors of the campaign, as well as all the other stuff going on in her life, Clinton got visibly emotional and even choked up a bit explaining that the rough experience of campaigning was worth all the turmoil because everything she's doing is for the good of the country. I'm down with that answer. What bugs me is that Sen. John Edwards was the first opposing candidate to comment on the emotional answer and elude to how, yes, campaigning is "hard," but not as hard as it will be as life as president. (And really, Clinton knows that better than any of them.) Perhaps I'm being sensitive, but a comment like that, to me, speaks volumes of, "Ya'll see! That's is why them chicks cain't be prezdent! They be cryers!"
And that it's all over the news and Internets tonight! One would swear that the world has never seen someone being truthful before. (But wait. Maybe that's why it's news.) But really, I gotta tell you. I don't think there's a single thing wrong with having someone with emotion in the White House. It's better than the frickin' robotic, Texas tumbleweed-for-brains yahoo we've had residing there for the last seven years.
To be clear, I haven't decided which Democratic candidate I'll be voting for in November. I actually liked John Edwards until his little dick-ism comment this afternoon. And I would love to see a woman president in my lifetime. And I actually do think that Obama needs a bit more political experience before he takes on the presidency. And for goodness sakes, we simply can not have a president named Huckabee.

No comments: