Thursday, January 3

I could never have this bed

So between the really cute comforter set I saw at Target yesterday, and the fact that my dog vomited on my bed again today, I am under the firm conviction that I will never be able to have a "grown-up" bed. My mom's got one, you know, with the perfect comforter and selection of pillows that sit just so. She's got the bed that you see in the Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel catalogs. Her bed also sits approximately four feet off the ground so her dog can't jump up onto it. My dog does jump on my bed, he sleeps on my bed and he consumes his treats on my bed. Sadly, he also prefers to throw up on my bed. It's not cheap to get my comforter washed; it runs about $20 every time.
But I also feel like this predicament can give me a measure of freedom with my bedding choices. The current comforter is a kinda-bland purple one. I chose it because it looks good with the adorable sheets I bought. But it's already developing holes in its seams, and is looking pretty raggedy. (Vomited on and washed too much already.) The freedom is in knowing that no matter what bedding selection I make, the set itself will be cheap because I know that Oliver will eventually throw up on it, and it can therefore be traded out with a minimal pang of guilt after only, say, 10 months. Some of you know that I'm quite finicky about my bedroom linens. I may love something one day and hate it the next. (Mom knows this better than anyone.) And now that cool pink-and-brown polka dot comforter is swimming before my eyes. It's just a matter of time before it's mine.

No comments: