Tuesday, January 22

Dug it, by the way

Ask me what I accomplished today. Go on, ask me.
I have no idea. I can name off a couple actual activities that I followed through on, but as a whole, my day was spent at home, hanging out. Truthfully, the only time I even left the apartment is when Sydney and I went for a walk, and then when we took Oliver for his walk. So we did get some fresh air and sunshine. I didn't drive anywhere. I didn't talk to anyone but Mom.
Actually, that's not true. I found a company that will shred this huge pile of stuff for me for a minimally offensive price. That makes me happy. Seriously, for a load the size of a banker's box, this place will charge me $5 to take it off my hands. I think that's a sweet deal. Anything to keep me from spending hours on the floor, probably making my back very sore, and possibly burning out my shredder. It was my intention to go through my file cabinet tonight, but instead, I made myself comfortable in front of the DVD player and television and watched Stardust.
You know, the Oscar nominations were announced today. I know, they were! And guess what, I have no idea what the five films up for Best Picture are. Disappointed, are you? Looking for some insight into your Oscar pool? You won't find it here. All I know is that I haven't seen any of the movies that are even considered Oscar hopefuls, and that it's too late to dig through it now for tonight's post. Besides, my new rule is to be in bed, or in the bedroom getting ready for bed, at 10 p.m. every night. I find that by sticking to that rule, I'm not as bitter about getting up in the morning. Amazing, yes? Huzzah!

No comments: