Saturday, January 26

Chillin' at the p-a-r-k

I swear, my dog doesn't know he's a dog. I think he thinks he's really just a small human on four legs. We all went to the dog park this morning, with the goal of getting Ollie some exercise and some time running around. Also, I knew that it would be fun for all of us to do something together. Anyway, this is my dog at the dog park: staying about 10 feet away from any other dog. Oh, he'd let them sniff him, and occasionally he'd turn around and acknowledge them too, but on the whole, he was very indifferent to all the other four-legged creatures running around the place. Now, this photo is a bit misleading because there's only one other dog in it, but let me tell you, there were no less than 50 dogs in the park. My dog just chose to not play with any of them. For the first 30 minutes we were there, he chose instead to just hang out, sniff plants and rocks, and wander about in the sunshine. Don't get me wrong, that's all good stuff for a kid who lives his life in an apartment, and I feel bad that I don't get him out there more often, it's just that we'd so love it if he would play with the other kids. Brian sees this as the absolute reason why we need a puppy. I see it as a reason why we need to get the dog outside more often.

No comments: