Thursday, January 10

Bad boys are awesome

I bought 3:10 to Yuma at Best Buy today. I gotta tell you, I love me some Russell Crowe as a bad-ass cowboy. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie. And I am not a big fan of the western genre, at all. I guess I didn't really like gladiators either until a few years ago, come to think of it.

I have moved my pile of to-be-read books into the office and placed it on the bookshelf in there. I have come to the sad realization that everyone was right, and that I will not get hardly any reading done now that I have a little kid. I was told that this phase of my life would not last though, and with that in mind, I am eager for the resurgence of reading as a pastime. Oh, don't get too disappointed in me, because I am still me, and about 50 pages into an Agatha Christie right now. But what I also am is tired of staring at that seemingly unchanging pile of books that was taunting me from my nightstand. I was nursing some serious guilt about that pile, and now have completed my shame spiral by just removing the tomes from my eyesight ... unless I'm in the office ... then they silently whisper my name and say rude things.
"Kimmie, you aren't reading me ... You're illiterate now, aren't you? ... Don't you appreciate the written word anymore? ... Take me now or lose me forever ... "

No comments: