Saturday, January 5

And the award goes to ... Bueller?

Who figured that the Writers' strike would last so long, and eventually put awards show season in jeopardy? I'll tell you that I've been kinda enjoying having my nights relatively free without television, of course, in the end, I am dying for some new programming. If for any reason, to put ridiculous reality programs such as American Gladiators and other dreck back to pasture. But back to awards shows. I was really pretty intrigued to see how the Golden Globes and the Oscars would play out without official writers. Would stars be forced to stand on stage with nothing but a list of nominees and an envelope? Would we be spared the awfully "witty" repartee that they are forced to read through as an introduction? Could we see a stripped-to-the-bones presentation, and how long would that show last? But alas, the Screen Actors Guild and the actors supporting the strike are saying that they won't cross the writers' picket lines to even attend the show, let alone present or accept an award. While yes, disappointing, I'm still interested to see how this goes. At least for the Golden Globes. I was so excited to see how Jon Stewart was going to rock the Oscars this year.

No comments: