Friday, December 7

The tots kick butt

Clearly, I've been hanging out in some of the same places too long. I drove into my friendly neighborhood Sonic Drive-In today for my lunch. I'm all over the hamburgers there, and decided that I'd have a medium iced tea with it instead of the usual large because I wanted to drink more water this afternoon than tea. Following, the exchange:

"Welcome to Sonic, how can I help you?"
"I'd like a number one with a plain burger, tater tots and a medium iced tea with no lemon."
Beat of about five seconds.
"Are you sure you don't want a large?"
Moment for me to blush and stammer a bit.
"Um, sure. I'll have a large. I guess you guys know me in there?"
"That'll be $5.39! Thanks for choosing Sonic!"

Then, when the guy comes out to deliver my lunch, he's smiling and chuckling! They do know me at the local Sonic! They know my order! I'm a regular! Argh!!!

1 comment:

-T. said...

Don't feel bad..our Pizza Delivery place knows our voices on the phone and completes our order before we can even say it. We're on first name basis with the delivery guy and sometimes, they call us when we don't order for awhile to make sure that we're "Ok" (alright, I made up the last part..but STILL).