Monday, December 31

They drop a pinecone in Flagstaff

Well, I'm quite tired, and all of Christmas has been put away. Brian promised that we'd stay up to at least watch the ball drop tonight. Update on that status: at 11:20 p.m., I'm blogging, and he's sleeping on the sofa. Don't worry though, I'll go in and wake him up in time.
Wow. Tomorrow's January. I can't really wrap my head around it. Last year, Mom, Howie and Auntie Donna were here, and we had Chinese food and watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. This year is certainly different, though some things are still the same. 1.) Hoping that Sydney sleeps through the apartment complex's celebrations. 2.) Striving to keep Oliver from barking at everyone outside. 3.) Wanting so badly to stay awake because, well, sleep sounds so much better right now. 4.) Dismissing thoughts of resolutions because they're too disappointing. 5.) Drinking water, not alcohol. Some may call this a boring New Year, but I prefer to think of it as "low key."
Catch you next year, my dearest friends!!

No comments: