Friday, December 28

I dig football on Saturday night

Damned if we don't just care a little bit about the New England Patriots and their run for a perfect season. All those years of, "whatever," have turned us into the ultimate resistant fans of this team, and I even hesitate to use the word "fan" when referring to us. Chock it up to the infamous tuck rule of that one year awhile ago, but we've never been able to become real fans of the Patriots franchise.
But of course, four years in Boston have made somewhat of an impression on us. We care about the teams there, and even more so about the emotional well being of the town. The Red Sox win, everyone's happy. The Patriots win, everyone's happy. Either of those teams lose, and heads will roll, or at least everyone will talk about heads rolling.
And even though we get the NFL Network through our cable company, I was glad to hear that the game against the New York Giants will be televised nationally on NBC and CBS tomorrow night. So now the whole country can see history being made (potentially, of course, let's not count our wins before they're realized).
And though I will never be one of those girls wearing a "Mrs. Brady" t-shirt, I will admit to being a closet fan of the team ... well, admit it here on my blog ... not necessarily in person ... or if anyone would ever ask me.

No comments: