Thursday, December 27

Days-after Christmas items on sale!

ITEM!: So the waterfall of Christmas cards that I expected to get finally arrived while Brian, Sydney, Oliver and I were out in California. I've got to say, I was starting to get really pissy about my lack of cards. Still, I don't have close to the reciprocating number of 53 that I sent out to everyone. Those of you who reply in kind with nice cards, I thank you. To the rest of you, I'll still send you cards because I like to do it, but be aware that I do remember who does and does not respond.
ITEM!: I'm making a good contest out of my battle of wills with the container of fudge in my refrigerator. The contest, of course, is over how many pieces to eat in one sitting rather than whether or not the fudge will be eaten. I'm not a complete idiot, you know. I love the fudge from this recipe, and am not shy about about feeding on it regularly when it's available. In fact, I'll tell you that I've had no less than seven (or 10) pieces today (including breakfast, lunch and dinner).
ITEM!: Christmas itself was a positive event this year, considering the circumstances. Auntie Donna was an active participant in everything, which was absolutely awesome, and we all did what we could to make the holiday as normal, but as different, as we could. I suppose it worked, though getting through the thing without Howie just sucked right out loud. My brothers gave some lovely toasts at the Owens Family Christmas, as did Lisa's Brian, so while the night was fun, there was still a good amount of tears involved. By the way, I got cheese tray plates in the Yankee Swap. Ugh. And no one would take them from me. Damn it. I think next year we should put a higher dollar limit on the gifts, rule that they can not be alcohol-related, and insist that they be cool. As a Swap, I'll say that this one was pretty disappointing. No one had anything worth taking.
ITEM!: I'll be anxious to take down all my Christmas decorations and put them away this weekend. I do believe that Sunday will be the day that happens. I already know that I'll be increasing my Christmas stuff storage pile by at least one box. That box, specifically, will house Sydney's holiday-related toys. I'm so glad that next year I won't be buying too much of that (I hope). Beyond that, well, we'll have to see what Pottery Barn Kids puts on sale this week.

No comments: