Thursday, November 1

West is, you know, towards California

I have no idea how long it's been since I did not take down all my Halloween decorations on November 1. I would guess, conservatively, it's been about five or six years. Today marks a broken streak, my friends. Here it is, the evening of the 1st, and I have no plans to take down the ghosts, witches, jack-o-lanterns and skeletons. I'm too tired, I've already got a lot to do tonight, and I won't be home for five days to stare at the stuff. Now, if it's all not down by late afternoon on Nov. 8, I'll be concerned, because after all, then we'll be in the midst of the Turkey month and I won't have put out my turkey decorations yet. That would be a problem.
Anyway, Sydney is mostly packed for our trip, and her bags are mostly ready to go in the car. Me? Well, that's another story. I've got a smattering of clothes on the bed, and an idea of what else needs to go with me, but really, I'm super behind the ball on this one. If I get out of the house on time tomorrow morning, I'll be the happiest camper on the 10 freeway heading west.

No comments: