Thursday, November 8

Turkeys aplenty

If I learned one thing about my Thanksgiving decorations, it's that I really enjoy the turkeyness of the holiday. Sure, I've got the random Pilgrim thing to set here and there, but when it comes down to a real theme associated with that particular Thursday, it's the turkeys. And I know that if I'm a bit shocked and surprised by it, you certainly would be as well.
So I guess my question to myself would be, how can you love the turkey so much, but then go ahead and feast on it. Hmmm. In thinking about it, I would answer that I think it's the caricature of the turkey that amuses me so much. The bird itself ... well, eh. I dig that I can buy a pretend turkey that will make a ridiculous gobble noise. I like that a company can make a cute turkey stuffed animal that might hop around a bit. I like that I can buy a Pluto dressed as a turkey. And I love my art-deco turkey. It rocks.

No comments: