Monday, November 26

Peeps vs. Twinkies

Sure, I often criticize the state of our country; it's my right and duty as an American. But I will also holler from the rafters about all the beauties of this land, and all the little things that make it the best place in the world, and all the brilliance behind every cool American thing in the universe.
This weekend, I discovered another such amazing invention from the homeland: the Christmas tree Peep. It's just too cool-looking, don't you think? The only thing that rivals the Peep's simplicity, cuteness and oddly compelling taste is the minimal price tag. I got a whole package of these little champs for 99 cents. Holiday bargains don't come any better than that, my friends.
Also, on a different, but slightly related (because it's a sugar product) note, the banana-flavored, cream-filled Twinkies were tossed out this morning. Daddy told me about these horrendous snack cakes a couple weeks ago, and they too were at Target this weekend. Brian picked up a box to try them, though I believe it was more to gross me out. He bit into one last night; I kept my mouth shut when the awful stench of banana filtered through my house; and thankfully, the damn things taste as bad as they smell, because Brian threw away the second half of the cake he bit into, and I was allowed to throw the rest away in this morning's trash. Why, oh why, would someone wish to stain the beauty of a Hostess cake by filling it with banana flavoring?
Well, at least there is the Christmas tree Peep. So I guess the snack-food world isn't a total loss.

1 comment:

pocketless 8th grader said...

Got to get me some of dem peeps. Thanks for the heads up.