Wednesday, November 14

It's about the better dancer, isn't it?

I bought a copy of Ocean's 13 yesterday for Brian and I to watch last night. If you'll remember, when the movie was out in theaters, we attempted to see it in a drive-in, and bring our little baby along so she could "sleep" while we enjoyed the film. The attempt failed. At any rate, my viewing of the film last night felt like it was a brand new movie. I was able to giggle, follow along with the dialogue, and appreciate the intricacy of the plot. Unfortunately, the visual enjoyment of the film was marred by the bad quality of the DVD's picture. It was weird, especially since the previews were sharp and colorful, that the movie itself was more like a colored negative, with pixelated and blurred lines, and that odd shading you get with bad digital photography. I'll be heading back to the store today to get a replacement movie, and then maybe I'll be able to get a decent viewing.
I'll tell you, I'm irritated with the DWTS voting. Marie Osmond needs to be voted off the show, people. This is a dance competition, not a popularity contest. I'll say it: Cameron Mathison was a better dancer and should have been left alone until next week, at least. C'mon everyone! I'd hate to have to boycott this ridiculous guilty pleasure of mine just because no one else in the world will take it seriously.

No comments: