Saturday, November 24

He was just too distracting

I've been kinda not sure about seeing the newest version of Hairspray, simply because I love the Ricki Lake and Divine movie so much. But I also love musicals a whole lot, and I knew that I would have to check this one out eventually. I'm sorry to say that I would have been happier having not seen it. I mean, the movie itself was good, and the girl who played Tracy was so pretty, but I just could not get past the fact that, yes, that was John Travolta in drag. Every time he spoke, every time he moved, every time he walked into the frame, I was assaulted with the absolute knowledge that this was John Travolta in drag. Something like that pulls you from the movie experience in a heartbeat. That is not how a movie is supposed to be viewed. It bugged me, and I just couldn't get by it. Am I alone in this? I can't imagine anyone else could watch the film and not be smacked with Travolta every time he was on screen.

No comments: