Sunday, November 11

He misspells his name, too

We're watching Sunday Night Football on NBC right now. It's halftime, so Bob Costas and Cris Collinsworth are talking to me. I'll add another person/celebrity to the list of those that bug me: Cris Collinsworth. This guy is only on my radar because of Brian's love of football coverage, but every time I see his smugly irritating face I wince a bit, squint so he takes up less space in my eyes, and try to zone out so I don't even have to hear his voice. He just comes off as one of those holier-than-thou, so-much-better-than-you, I-know-everything guys, and tends to smirk into the camera like it's all a fact that the rest of us know, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you notice how Collinsworth starts every other sentence with "I'm sorry, but..."

Remember the old Bob Newhart drinking game? Where on the old Newhart show, every time someone said "Hi, Bob", you had to down a shot?

Maybe that's the way to deal with Collinsworth.
Whenever he says "I'm sorry, but..." -- a shot of booze.

Couldn't hurt.