Friday, November 9

The first Christmas post of the year

I've already fallen victim to the frivolity of the season. I'm all, "I'm not gonna buy anything for Christmas decorations. I'm all full up." So far, on November 9, I've bought a new days of December countdown thing for a wall somewhere; Christmas towels that Brian decided we should have in our bathroom; and a new tree skirt that matches our stockings. Next on my list is additional pieces to finish up Sydney's 'Tis the Season bedding at Pottery Barn Kids (pictured is the toddler bed set; Sydney's got the crib stuff). The child simply must have a twin quilt and the decorative sham to finish up the room's look. I'm going to buy it in the actual store though, rather than on the web site, so I can take the time to check it out and then not pay shipping.
At any rate, I think it's safe to say that the insanity has begun, and that I'm in it for the long haul. I'm hoping that, even though Christmas is going to be extremely different and maybe a bit depressing this year, no one outside the person in my head will be able to tell the difference from any other year. My plans are percolating in my head; I'm excited about decorating in new and fantastic ways; and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... everywhere you go.

No comments: