Sunday, November 18

Bring on the chill

I try really hard to not bitch too much about the weather out here, since, after all, it was our decision to move here from Boston last year. But, come on. It's past the mid point of November, and we're still reaching the 80s during the day. It's supposed to be 87 degrees tomorrow afternoon! This is beyond tolerance. I'm so over it.
I'll say it: I miss the cold. Yeah, I remember complaining about how cold it is out there in New England. I remember thinking that it would never warm up. But I also remember that one autumn morning when you know that the hot, muggy days are over, and the cool, crisp days of fall and winter are on their way. We haven't had that day here yet, and I'm getting tired of waiting for it. It's nice enough outside at night, I guess, dropping down into the low 60s and the occasional 50-something. (I'm so missing my flannel sheets though.) But a slight chill in the air at night just doesn't cut it when we still have the air conditioner on throughout the afternoon.

No comments: