Monday, October 8

Model attacked on runway; butterflies suspected

ITEM!: I think that the next time I go home for the weekend, I'll have my hair cut. It’s getting way too long for me to handle. It’s either all in a ponytail, or all in a ponytail. I know that the weather has a lot to do with it, but I’m just not digging it at all. Of course, since it’s still a few weeks before I make that trek back to Cali, I’ll have plenty of time to think about it.
ITEM!: I finally, FINALLY, got the iPod-in-the-stereo thing taken care of today! YAY! I am the proud owner of a new car stereo that my iPod can plug into directly. No more FM transmitter, no more cheesy reception. It’s crystal clear music for me from now on, my friends. Never again will static interrupt a particularly rousing rendition of “Take on Me.”
ITEM!: I’ll count myself among those disappointed by Marion Jones and her admission of steroid use in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney. That’s a drag in so many ways, but mostly because it just dashes the hero-worshipfulness of so many younger runners. I’m glad she had to give the medals back to the Olympic Committee. Now if only they can take back the fame and fortune she got because of those medals, too.
ITEM!: Anyone know a good way to get World Series tickets? I’m thinking that if it’s the Red Sox and Diamondbacks, Brian and I have got to be at those games. “It’ll be expensive,” says B. “Yeah,” says I, “but worth it.” Now that’s a game that, unfortunately, Sydney won’t be able to attend with us. Regular season? Sure, take the tyke and let her whine her way through the last three innings. World Series? That’s a serious game, my dear, and serious ticket prices. We’ll be finding someone to hang out with her that night, that’s for sure.

No comments: