Thursday, October 4

It's not a sugary and soft wall either

I think I've hit what I'll call "the cupcake wall." I went today to our new favorite spot, a cupcake bakery, to try some of the shop's strawberry cupcakes. You see, every day the bakery showcases, not only the usual daily cakes, but the weekly special cupcakes only available on that particular day. Monday and Thursday are, among others, strawberry cupcakes days. So many of the shop's offerings are kinda gross to me, such as the chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting, vanilla cake and coconut frosting, brown sugar cake and coffee frosting, and Oreo -flavored cake and vanilla frosting, but some are super yummy enough to make me want to at least try everything. My current favorites is a red, chocolate cake with a white frosting. The strawberry cupcake, sadly, does nothing to dethrone the red yumminess. "It was okay," Brian agreed, "but nothing too special." Anyway, this leads me to tonight's sickening reality: I've hit the cupcake wall. I don't thin I can look at another one for at least two weeks (which is good, since that's when Mom comes out again and I want to take her there). The last cake is sitting in my stomach like a lead brick. And not like a sweet, puffy red brick. Nope, like an actual red brick.

No comments: