Tuesday, October 30

I'm just saying...

So I take a few days off from the blogging, and look what happens. "Cats and dogs, living together; mass hysteria!"
1.) I told you that the Red Sox would win the World Series. We got our American League Champions t-shirts in the mail today. Yep, they're collector's items, just as I knew they would be. I would have loved to have been in Boston today for the victory parade, too! As it is, we're content to live with the knowledge that within the five years that Brian and I have been emotionally invested in Boston, the team won two championships. Before that, it was an 86-year drought. I'm not saying that we won the rings for them, but ... .
2.) Now I know that I've been a vocal critic of Sabrina on Dancing With the Stars. I've said that she's only on because of her Disney show, The Cheetah Girls. I've said that she's irritating. But I never said that she was a bad dancer. I've got to tell you, I think the viewers messed up this one. There is no way that Sabrina deserved to get kicked off the show tonight. It's wrong. I was plenty fine with saying goodbye to Marie or Jane. I'd have allowed Cameron to leave, but would have whined a bit. I think I would demand some kind of recount. Clearly, I'll have to start voting again. The show is a mess without my opinion in the mix.
3.) I'm quite distressed about Robert Goulet. He was one of those fantastic entertainers that, thanks to my mom's encouragement of my random enjoyments, I know was a good performer (I saw Camelot, on stage, in which he played King Arthur), and a funny guy (got to love Laugh In). He was one of those celebrities who seemed to appreciate a good joke, even if he was the butt of it, and rolled with pretty much everything. The world of entertainment has lost a powerhouse today, my friends.
4.) Britney's new album, Blackout, has hit the streets. I got an e-mail from iTunes about it. I'm not sure if I'm interested. The problem is that I've read that it is quite good. I suppose I'll catch the 30-second previews of each song and decide based on that. I'll let you know though.

No comments: