Wednesday, September 12

Mark your calendars: February 24, 2008

ITEM!: I am so pleased to say that Jon Stewart of The Daily Show will be hosting the Academy Awards next year! I remember that he was funny, acerbic, and topical the last time he hosted (2006), exactly what the mainstream television watcher hates, so I'm more pleased than ever to see that he's on the agenda, and has plenty of time to get his routine done right.
ITEM!: I'm over the Britney bashing. People, stop already. Bad decision making on her part, yes. I, myself, was at the top of the list of disappointed fans, but this fervor for her downfall is just sickening. Give the kid, because that's all she really is, a break already.
ITEM!: I realized today that, even though the car has been paid off since March, I still have not received a pink slip from the state of Arizona for it. I found the letter that gave the number to call, and I shall do that tomorrow.
ITEM!: New random movie that HBO is showing that has me so excited? Galaxy Quest. Have you all seen this classic flick? Awesome! I love it all: Tim Allen, impossibly unrealistic plot, and "It's inside out? I heard that! It's inside out?"
ITEM!: And finally, yes, yesterday sucked right out loud. And not for the reason you all probably assume: the anniversary of 9/11. Nope, yesterday was Howie's birthday. He would have been 71. For the first time in 25 years, I wasn't able to sing the birthday song to him, and I won't lie to you, it put me in a downward funk throughout the day. The whole thing is just too awful to comprehend sometimes, and when it comes crashing down on me, really the only reason I have to get out of the corner is Sydney. And thank goodness for her. Who knows how I'd be doing if I didn't have her as a distraction from the sad. As it is, Brian called me several times throughout the day to check on me. So what did I do about it? My baby and I went to the cupcake bakery and bought some cupcakes. Cupcakes make me happy, and that is something that I definitely needed yesterday. So I toasted my dear Howie, ate a couple cupcakes, and waited for the day to be done.

No comments: