Thursday, September 20

Bill Bellis didn't warn us at all

Sydney and I surprised Mom by picking her up at the gate (or as close as we could get) this morning at the airport. I've not ever taken the kid in to the airport to pick up Mom yet, so I was sure that this would turn into a dreadful adventure. On the contrary, actually. Sydney was happy with her cracker, and was so entertained by all the people around us that she forgot to bitch about being held the entire time. Success!!
Following that, we did the lunch thing and hung out. But the big news is that I witnessed my first hail storm in Scottsdale! Seriously, hail! Pieces the size of peas pounding the pavement in front of my apartment, and, even better, on my balcony! I have pictures! So cool. The rain must have fallen like, yes, cats and dogs for all of 10 minutes. And it was a freak storm, too. None of the weather guys forecasted it, which makes it even better.

Tomorrow, I am going to set up the e-mail account for my phone so I can begin posting phone photos on the blog again. I've got to tell you, I think that is an aspect of the blog that's lacking in a big way.

No comments: